Projects are specific tasks that are used to solve specific problems. They depend on the existence of start and end points. They include a set of components such as the objectives required, relying on a financial budget, using a team of technical skills to achieve the objectives. Projects are defined as planned and based on a set of information Which are used to establish something or develop something existing
Project management is the knowledge associated with a set of tools, principles, and techniques used in audits, control, monitoring and project planning. Project management is defined as the application of planning and organization of all the company’s own resources for the implementation of a particular project only once, Capital, manpower, project management helps to identify project objectives, their own elements. Other project management definitions are a set of tasks that include coordination, organization of financial and human resources to end work on projects.
Project management steps
The success of the project management application depends on the implementation of a set of basic steps:
– Project planning is the first step and stage of project management. It examines a situation in order to formulate a specific idea for the project and then to define its objectives and expected results by implementing a detailed plan to help plan the project work.
– Building a special framework in the project; a logical framework consisting of a set of steps to be implemented, and upon completion, a full conception of the project and the purpose of its establishment.
– This plan helps to link the available resources with the results of the project. This plan helps to clarify the vision of the appropriate steps for the project’s progress so that the enterprise can reach the goals and achieve the tasks required to carry out its work.
– The organization of the project is the process of using resources to compare them with the activities identified in the past; the need for human resources and project management is studied and the procedures for its progress evaluation are designed to determine the costs needed to start the project. For the steps used in organizing the project:
Human resources. Human resources are very important and help to implement the project. Human resources must identify the expected tasks of each staff member. These functions are linked to previously planned activities and each pursues the objectives of the project.
Documentation and reporting. Documentation is an important activity for project management. It is a means of following up all the work and developments. Reports are the tools that help to determine the effectiveness of projects and their efficiency by analyzing the existing situation, summarizing points of development and making recommendations that help Enhanced workflow.
The establishment of evaluation and follow-up systems; follow-up is defined as repetitive processes that seek to obtain information on all work and activities of the project; to verify its progress in accordance with the work plan; evaluation is the measurement of performance associated with a particular predefined activity; About that activity and its ability to reach its expected objectives over a certain period of time.
Prepare a financial budget for the project. It is a financial plan that contains information about the operational costs of the project, helps to ascertain all the resources used in implementing the project activities, and contributes to the provision of monitoring tools to follow up the work by comparing the actual expenses and the planned expenses.
– The implementation of the project is the beginning of the actual implementation of the project. This step is based on the previous two steps. There
– Marketing the project; providing the needs of individuals based on many bases, such as analyzing their wishes, choosing the right market for products to reach them, and studying production costs and comparing them with purchasing power within the community.
Project evaluation is the last step in the project management process. It is the duty of project managers to ensure that they meet their objectives, but there is little interest in the final evaluation of the project. Predefined charts.
Project Management Types
Projects depend on the use of a variety of departments specialized in the management, and
Basic project management: One of the most widely used project management types, and depends on the role of the project manager who has the authority to implement the project management functions, including guidance, organization, control and planning, and the project manager can work directly with any level in the enterprise; To achieve the specific objectives of the project.
Program management is one of the administrative terms used concurrently with project management, due to the similarity between projects and programs, according to the following matters:
Each of which seeks to achieve goals that must be accomplished.
Each concerned with the time allotted to achieve the objectives.
Each dependent on the existence of business plans and financial budgets to achieve certain objectives.
New Risk Management: A type of project management applied to enterprises and concerned with consumers by providing new products to them. The term was agreed through the role of the risk management team in the establishment, which seeks to find new markets commensurate with the sources and capabilities of the establishment.
Subscribe to our Project Management newsletter to get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox!