Our mission that can assist you navigate the brand new regular is fueled by subscribers. To get pleasure from limitless entry to our journalism, subscribe today.
As movie theaters, concert venues, museums, and the vast majority of massive occasion areas stay largely closed on account of the coronavirus pandemic, individuals are turning to a retro answer to proceed experiencing arts and leisure.
Drive-in movie theaters have made a comeback, however that’s not all. Individuals are attending drive-in concerts, watching sporting occasions by way of drive-in gatherings, and even going to drive-by art shows. Massive retailers like Walmart are shopping for into the pattern; the chain is teaming up with Tribeca Enterprises to show 160 of its parking tons into drive-in theaters from August to October. And whereas the drive-in is evocative of the U.S. in the 1950s and 1960s, individuals are participating in drive-in actions all through the globe—typically utilizing boats and bicycles for related functions—as seen within the images under.
Check out how individuals are getting inventive about absorbing their arts and tradition in a socially distant group setting.
Extra must-read entertainment coverage from Fortune:
- How The Alienist: Angel of Darkness returns viewers to the Gilded Age whereas establishing new tales
- Movie delays are stacking up. The place does Hollywood go from right here?
- Smaller music venues face “the good unknown” earlier than reside reveals can resume at full capability
- Josh Hartnett and writer-director Daniel Roby on making Most Wanted and the “significance of free press”
- Amy Schumer’s documentary Expecting Amy proves being pregnant can coexist with girls’s careers and ambition
Subscribe to our Project Management newsletter to get the latest news and articles delivered to your inbox!